1. Does the person have the ability to do what I want? Is it within their capabilities?
2. Does the person perceive the value they will get by doing what you want? What is in it for them? Make it clear. Super clear. How can they benefit? How will life be better? What will they feel like once they get it? Detail the emotional side of it as well as the logical.
3. Does the person think the odds are very high that #2 will come true? Have to make it real. Make it positively going to happen if they choose to do what you want.
4. Can you lower the perceived cost to the person of doing want you want? Simplify it as much as possible. Help them if possible. Do some of the work.
5. Can you lower the perceived risk to the person of doing what you want? What if they fail? Show how you can overcome obstacles leading to success of the action. Show how you can help. Show others who have done it.